OT Acting Lab
What is OT Acting Lab?
Our Acting Lab is an opportunity to develop your performance skills, increase your confidence and work on scripts by established playwrights in a fun, supportive environment. We’ll approach theatre-making through a variety of practitioners’ techniques, developing our skills both individually and as part of an ensemble.
Over the course of five weeks, you will:
- Learn how an actor prepares through physical and vocal exercises
- Explore how to create and embody characters for monologues
- Develop your ability to listen and respond to other actors in scene work
- Deepen your understanding of scripts and play structure
- Increase your confidence in performance
Our Acting Lab is an open space for you to learn new skills or sharpen your craft with a group of like-minded individuals.
Open to anyone aged 18+. No previous experience is necessary- just a sense of curiosity!
Who will I work with?
This course will be led by director Jess Haygarth. It will include a masterclass from the OT’s Artistic Director Tom Littler.
The course will run on Thursday evenings from 7:45 – 9:45pm from 16th November to 14th December.
All Lab members will receive one free ticket to an OT Main House production.