We're excited to announce that the Orange Tree will reopen from 22 May with The Recovery Season comprising five productions. This will be the first time audiences have been to the OT for over 14 months.
- Artistic Director Paul Miller opens the season with Short Shaws two short plays by Bernard Shaw: How He Lied to Her Husband and Overruled from 22 May.
- Bryony Lavery’s Last Easter was midway through rehearsals when the theatre closed in March 2020. It will finally receive its London premiere, directed by Tinuke Craig, from 3 July.
- We collaborate with the JMK Award for the second time to present the winning production from an emerging director of a contemporary play. Previewing from 28 August, it follows the huge success of 2019 winner Tristan Fynn Aiduenu’s production of Little Baby Jesus.
- Our collaboration with Actors Touring Company continues with ATC Artistic Director Matthew Xia returning to the OT to direct the UK premiere of Rice by Asian-Australian writer Michele Lee.
- Paul Miller’s production of Terence Rattigan’s While the Sun Shines rediscovered a classic comedy in 2019. It returns from 20 November.
- Each of these productions will also be fimed by The Umbrella Rooms and live-streamed with OT On Screen, following the success of the streaming of new plays project Inside/Outside.
- Over 3,500 tickets will be available for anyone at £15 across the season.
- The OT’s Writers Collective returns with writers Jade Anouka, Nimmo Ismail, Gemma Lawrence, and Tamsin Daisy Rees, and dramaturg Cassiopeia Berkeley-Agyepong.
- Our Education and Participation Programme, which has engaged with our Youth Theatre, Young Company and Over 60s Group via Zoom over lockdown will start to return in person. Bec Martin’s Shakespeare Up Close productions of Macbeth and Romeo and Juliet filmed in the theatre in March 2021, are available for schools to watch. The OT will also return to schools with a touring Primary Shakespeare production of Twelfth Night, directed by Fiona Drummond
Public booking opens Friday 30 April at 10am
SAVE WITH A SEASON TICKET AND GET PRIORITY BOOKING FROM 28 APRIL
SAVE 15% WHEN YOU BOOK FOR 3 SHOWS
SAVE 20% WHEN YOU BOOK FOR 4 SHOWS
MEMBERS SAVE AN EXTRA 5%
Choose from Shaw Shorts, Last Easter, The JMK Award-winning production and Rice to watch them in person at the theatre or live-streamed via OT On Screen. You can exchange tickets any time up until 24 hours before a performance for free. Tickets must be purchased together by 14 May 2021. Tickets for OT On Screen performances must be purchased together by 27 May 2021.